To adopt a puppy from Lifeline Puppy Rescue, you will need to complete a qualifying questionnaire and sign a contract. You must be over 18 to adopt a puppy. Average adoption fees range from $250 - $475; Cash, Visa, MasterCard only (sorry no checks are accepted). Our adoption fee for puppies is $375 + $100 spay/neuter deposit for puppies that are not yet fixed. It is $475 for dogs that are already fixed. An additional convenience fee of 3.5% will be added to all credit card charges.
All puppies have current shots, microchipped, and have been dewormed.
Check the Available Puppies page to see puppies available for adoption events.
Adoption Process Overview:
With every adoption, you will get:
- A puppy that has been well cared for by the trained staff and volunteers at our rescue
- Free- veterinary wellness exam at over 44 Vet Clinics
- Preliminary vaccinations. Please discuss an appropriate vaccination schedule during your free veterinary wellness exam with a participating veterinarian
- Microchip identification implant
- Basic and advanced training referrals
How On-Site Adoption Events Work:
Every Saturday and Sunday (unless otherwise posted)
15171 Riverdale Road, Brighton, CO 80601
What to do before the event: All puppies going up for adoption on Saturday and Sunday will be posted on the Available Puppies page of the website on Thursdays. This will be the same group of puppies for each day. Due to the number of requests, we cannot take calls or e-mails for more information about specific puppies. It is best to make a personal visit to the rescue during the Saturday and Sunday open hours. No appointment will be needed. All paperwork for adoptions can be filled out at the event and is not required beforehand.
When to arrive: Adoption events are on a first-come-first-serve basis and Lifeline Puppy Rescue does not take holds on puppies. If you are interested in a specific puppy, we recommend arriving early to wait in line. How early to arrive is up to you, but know that Saturday events are very busy. If you come early, park in the driveway in front of the gate, but off to the side so that the staff can enter. There will be staff, volunteers, and fosters going through the gate, but do not worry, you will not lose your place in line. A volunteer or staff member will hand numbers out to every car to ensure your spot before we open the gate. You can also check out our VIP Experience if you are interested in meeting puppies before photos are published on the website.
What to bring: If you have an existing dog, you are welcome to bring them to see how they get along with the rescue puppies. You may also bring any kind of supplies you think you may need: collar, leash, travel kennel, etc. We do not provide a leash or collar to take with you; however, they are available for purchase (collar 4$, lead 6$) at Lifeline Puppy Rescue's store.
How the process works:
- Once we open, you will be able to view all the available puppies in our show pens. If there is a puppy you are interested in, you will raise your hand and a volunteer will help you to a play area. You can only look at one puppy at a time to ensure fairness for all puppies. You will get to play with the puppy for an appropriate amount of time and then you can decide to adopt or visit with another puppy.
- With the number system, if two people are interested in the same puppy, the person with the lower number will be able to look at that puppy first. However, if they put the puppy back into the show pen to look at other puppies, their initial hold is forfeit and the puppy can be looked at and adopted by anyone else.
- There will be an information sheet located on the show pen that lists the puppy’s ID number and approximate age and breed. The breed is our best-educated guess and we may not know what the puppy is mixed with and cannot guarantee how big the puppy will get. If you have specific size requirements, you will want to look at a puppy 3 months or older so we can get a better guess on size.
- If you decide to adopt a puppy, a volunteer will put them back into their show pen, but cross their ID number off of the information sheet to show they are no longer available. You will fill out a qualifying questionnaire and contact sheet which we will use to send your adoption paperwork.
- You will be required to watch an Adoption Session video for more information on your puppy, Lifeline Puppy Rescue policies, and the adoption contract.
- After you watch the Adoption Session video and the contract is filled out, you will be able to take your new puppy home! We do not have a boarding facility, so we will not be able to keep any puppy at our location after the adoption is completed.
- You must be over 18 years-old to adopt. Adoption fees range from $250- $475. Our adoption fee for puppies is $375 + $100 spay/neuter deposit for puppies that are not yet fixed. It is $475 for dogs that are already fixed. Cash, Visa, MasterCard only (sorry no checks are accepted). An additional convenience fee of 3.5% will be added to all credit card charges.
Come check out an Adoption Event to give a rescue puppy a forever loving home! We hope to see you there!