It's National Animal Rescue Week!
You've made a huge impact on the lives of shelter animals by being a friend to Lifeline Puppy Rescue. Together, we do all that we can to support the needs of rescue puppies until they find forever homes. However, there are millions of homeless animals in the United States still struggling. According to the ASPCA:
- 6.5 million companion animals enter US animal shelters every year.
- 1.5 million shelter animals are euthanized every year.
- The #1 reason pets are re-homed is due to"pet problems" defined as problematic behaviors, aggressive behaviors, grew larger than expected, and health problems the owner couldn't handle.
What can you do to help?
- Sign up for behavioral training to prevent your pet from developing unwanted behaviors that could result in them being surrendered to a shelter.
- Spay or neuter your animal to decrease unwanted pet overpopulation.
- Support and advocate for no-kill shelters.
- Adopt from a rescue to give a home to a homeless pet.
- Volunteer to help shelter pets get adopted.
- Foster rescue animals so they can have the comfort of a home before a forever home.
- Give Wish List items to bring joy to animals while they are at the shelter.
- Donate to help fulfill Lifeline's Puppy Rescue's vision: create a world where every puppy has the safety of a home and every home has the love of a puppy.
The ability to leave a comment is coming soon.