Thank you so much for your interest in Lifeline Puppy Rescue By-Appointment Adoptions Lottery!
We appreciate your patience as we’ve had to alter our adoptions process as a response to COVID-19. Please read the whole step-by-step process on how the adoptions will be conducted:
- Pictures and ID numbers of all available puppies will be posted on our Available Puppies page on Friday by 12PM.
- On Friday at 12PM, we will also be posting a link to the By-Appointment Adoptions Form that will appear on this page. Each week will have a new link, so please wait for it to appear before filling it out!
- You do not need to rush to be the first submitted! This form will be open until Saturday at 12PM. So long as your form is submitted before Saturday at 12PM, you will be eligible for the By-Appointment Adoptions lottery.
- There is a $5 non-refundable donation to enter into the lottery for By-Appointment Adoptions. This fee does not guarantee a puppy adoption. At this time there is a high demand for people wanting to adopt and only a certain amount of rescue puppies. If you do not get selected for the lottery, but are interested in adopting another puppy a different weekend, you will have to resubmit an application.
- Only one form submission will be accepted at a time.
- On Saturday at 12PM, we will close the form. We will then randomly generate all of the forms and pull a select number to form a line for meeting puppies on Sunday.
- After 12PM on Saturday, we will email you to let you know what number you are in line and when your appointment time is on Sunday. This will give adopters the opportunity to meet puppies, while still staggering the number of people at the rescue to preserve the health and safety of adopters, fosters, and staff. Please be patient with us as it will take time to sort and contact interested adopters.
- We will also e-mail you the Adoption Session Video along with your appointment time. It is REQUIRED to watch the video prior to your appointment.
- The appointments will run from 10 AM-4 PM on Sunday at our location (15171 Riverdale Road, Brighton, CO 80602).
- All available puppies will be on-site Sunday. The By-Adoptions Form you filled out prior will prompt you to fill in your interested puppy number. This does not put a hold on puppies or guarantee that these puppies will be available if you are drawn for a later appointment time. This just better helps us with the process.
- As we go through each appointment, we will update the website so that you can see which puppies have been adopted.
- There is always the chance that the puppies you are interested will be adopted during the appointment earlier than yours, but you can still come for your appointment and may fall in love with another puppy!
- When you arrive at the rescue, you will park and wait for someone to text you to come into the meet and greet area for your appointment.
- You are REQUIRED to wear a mask during your appointment. Please bring your own mask as one will not be provided.
- You are REQUIRED to wear gloves (which will be provided to you) when meeting your interested puppies. Once you have decided on the puppy you will adopt, you can pet your puppy without gloves.
- You may only bring ONE other person with you during your appointment for a total of 2 people per group to protect the health and safety of adopters and staff. You are able to bring your existing dog with you to meet the puppy.
- All adoption forms can be filled out on-site on Sunday, no forms will need to be filled out prior besides the By-Appointment Adoption form.
- Once you have found your forever friend, you will pay your adoption fee and take the puppy home that same day.
To adopt a puppy from Lifeline you will need to complete a qualifying questionnaire and sign a contract. You must be over 18 to adopt a puppy. Average adoption fees range from $125 - $400; Cash, Visa, MasterCard only (sorry no checks are accepted).
All puppies have current shots, are spayed/neutered, microchipped and have been dewormed.
With every adoption, you will get:
- A Puppy that has been well-cared for by trained staff and volunteers at our shelter
- Free - 30-45 days health care insurance on each puppy provided by Pet First Pet Insurance
- Free - Free Veterinary wellness exam at over 44 Vet Clinics
- Preliminary vaccinations. Please discuss an appropriate vaccination schedule during your free veterinary wellness exam with a participating veterinarian.
- Microchip identification implant
- Basic and advanced training referrals
All of these changes are to protect the health and safety of adopters, fosters, and staff. We appreciate your understanding as we try to safely bring together rescue puppies and loving adoptive families! Thank you!